Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Muffins

On the weekends I tend to wake up early to make muffins.  Especially on Sundays, the dining hall is closed and most of the campus is still sleeping off the previous night.  Some friends usually gather in the kitchen to make eggs, oatmeal and grits (god help the southerners).  This morning I made a new recipe, also from Annies-Eats, pumpkin cream cheese muffins.  I know it's not the season for it but anything with cream cheese or pumpkin makes me salivate.

Cooking a dorm kitchen is quite the challenge.  The oven is a little wonky and it tends to turn off if you aren't careful and doesn't always cook evenly but these came out wonderfully.  There is a bite of cream cheese in the center and pumpkin-y goodness all around.  My friends loved them as well and I'm taking the rest to work to feed them to someone besides my neighbors. 

Yield: 24 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment