Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cinnamon Muffins

Sometimes you get a little stressed, even in the middle of the summer and even after the fun of pride weekend.  It happens.  And when you're this needlessly stressed there are only a few things that make you feel like your mom is right there patting you on the back, reassuring you that everything will be okay.  This muffin happens to be one of those things.  Actually,  my friends call this the procrastination muffin.  I think I should have titled this post "Cinnamon and Procrastination Muffins: they taste so much better than fooling around on the internet."  Whenever there is something I really don't want to do and it's stressing me out, I make these muffins.  It's weird.  It's like I black out and BAM I wake up baking these muffins!  I guess there are weirder/less tasty forms of procrastination so I'm fine with mine. 


There are some other reasons to love these muffins.  First, the recipe is incredibly simple and requires dirtying only a couple dishes (and when you're already stressed who wants to do the dishes?).  Second, I can almost guarantee you have all the ingredients in your pantry (unless you're like me and forget to buy milk and end up stealing from your friend's. You can apologize later with a delicious muffin; it works I promise).  Third, since it's made with cinnamon, it will make your house smell amazing, and really who doesn't like that? 

Ingredients

1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ cup granulated sugar
½ brown sugar, packed
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup milk
1 egg, beaten
½ cup vegetable or canola oil

Makes about 12 muffins

Directions


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.

2. In a large bowl sift together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.

3. In a smaller bowl beat together the egg, milk and oil with a wire whisk.

4. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir just until incorporated.


5. Fill the wells about ⅔ full.  Crumble a small amount of brown sugar (about a tablespoon each) and sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon over each well.  


4. Bake at 400 for 15-18 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment