Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dark Chocolate Brownies


Sometimes I sit down to write an intro and I have nothing to say.  It's tough to be smart and witty on command (ha I flatter myself).  So brownies.  I feel like that's all I have to say.  You really can't go wrong with brownies, even brownies from a mix.  These particular brownies were for my friend's cousin who visited earlier in the summer.  He's starting college soon and we all know how that is a stressful time that is and that deserves some chocolatey goodness. 

Ingredients 

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
¾ cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour


Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Place the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.  Stir periodically and heat until smooth.

3. Transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gradually add in flour; stir until just combined.

4. Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes; do not over bake.

5. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely. Just before serving, cut brownies.

 Adapted from My Baking Addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment